Friday, February 6, 2015

First Appointment

I called my OB on Wednesday as soon as their office opened. My heart was racing at this point and a million things were running through my mind....literally, a million.

What am I supposed to say?
How far along am I?
I wish they could see me NOW!
I wish John was home!
Holy cow, am I seriously pregnant?!

I finally talked to the nurse, told her the date of my last LMP to which she figured I was about 6 weeks along. 6 weeks?! Whoa. She told me they have patients typically come in between the 6-8 week mark for the consultation, lab work, etc. I took the first available of Tuesday, February 17th and hoped it would work for John too. 

I text John the date and time, which apparently I told him the 19th and he wasn't going to be able to make it. We were both confused for a good 20 minutes. Baby brain already?!

So we're all set. February 17th we will both be going to find out more details of our little peanut. We'll see how much insomnia I develop between now and then.

Wednesday night I left work and went straight to Barnes and Noble to pick up a pregnancy book. I slept much better thanks to the 3:30 AM wake up call and the excitement of the day.

The 17th will be here before we know it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment