Monday, February 23, 2015

First Glance

John and I headed to the OB office again this morning to get an official glance at our little peanut. This would be a sonogram only appointment to help us get a more precise due date. Going into my apt I was left to believe that I was 8 weeks pregnant today. But, our little peanut is not as far along as mommy had thought (daddy knew we were 2 weeks behind schedule, he's quick to point that out).
 
The anticipation of seeing your baby via ultrasound for the first time feels so surreal. I immediately got teary, but John was grinning ear to ear just holding my hand, looking at our sweet babe. After a few measurements the technician determined that I am exactly 6 weeks along today with a new due date of October 19th (now I need to re-do all of my bump/bloated pics). :) The technician also showed us this little "flicker" spot on the baby which is his/her's heartbeat, beating away at 162 beats per minute. :)
 
This was such an amazing experience! I pray that all continues to go well and that God continues to protect our little peanut. Keep that heart beating little one! We cannot wait to meet you. :)
 
 
 
 
The technician we had was awesome. She even typed in "Hi Mom and Dad" on the sonogram picture.

1 comment:

  1. Best feeling to see your baby on the screen! God is amazing!

    ReplyDelete