Monday, August 3, 2015

Birthing Class

John and I attended our childbirth class this past weekend. Well actually, he'd argue that I drug him to the class. We had several conversations about attending that was accompanied with the following statements from John.....

- "Why are we doing this? You're a nurse and already know all of this. "
- "It will be a waste of time. "
- "If I have to go we're doing the 1 day class.  If we had to attend multiple sessions I probably wouldn't go back."

You get the gist. He lost the battle and we went. Admittedly, a lot of it was a review for me, but it was still good to attend. We met a few other couples and our instructor (a 30 + year veteran OB/L&D nurse) gave us a good laugh with her frequent gas issues. Yes, you read that right. The woman was a farting machine!

The class consisted of talking about the various stages of labor, pain relief options, how the dad can support the mom, etc. We enjoyed a long lunch break at a local restaurant chatting about various topics then went back for more fun in the afternoon.

It was a long day for us but, we managed. We'll head back to the same place in a few weeks for a breastfeeding class. I told John he should be thankful that I'm not making him attend the newborn care class. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment