Monday, August 10, 2015

Childcare

Today was probably one of the best Mondays in a while (minus the fatigue due to 3 hours of sleep last night). I have been stalking my Gmail account more the last couple of weeks anticipating a response from one of the daycares we were strongly interested in. After weeks of talking with the director several times since March (yes, we started this process when I was only 8 weeks pregnant) I had submitted an application and deposit a few weeks ago. I was relieved today when I read the following e-mail from Laura, the director of Calvary Lutheran Early Education Center.....

"Hi Mallory, Baby has a place in infant C for January. That is in the room with Michelle, she is fluent in sign-language and most likely gave you are very hearty welcome during the tour. Nothing to do now but wait for the arrival. Once you are settled after the baby is born just give us a call with the name and actual birth-date. We invite you to come visit and hang out during your maternity leave, as your time permits,  to get comfortable with the room and ask any questions that may come up. There will be a full enrollment packet to pick up from the office when you are in visiting. Thank you for checking in! Blessings on your day and you can rest in peace knowing baby has a place to come to."

What a HUGE relief and blessing this is for us! I've been stressing over this major to-do the last few weeks in fear of not having anything set in stone before our little guy makes his arrival. This school was 1 of 2 that we had high hopes of getting accepted in to. I never understood people's frustration and anxiety over the competativeness of daycares until we were tasked with finding one ourselves.  The thought of leaving our little guy with strangers when I go back to work makes me sick to my stomach. But, I'm so thankful he will be somewhere that we both feel is going to be a good fit for him, is about a 10 minute drive from home, and about a 5-10 minute drive from both of our offices at work.

We did meet the lady who will be his teacher when we toured in May and absolutely loved her. She has great energy and seemed so proud of her job in working with the babies in her room. John's big focus when we toured was any curriculum that is offered. Luckily, this teacher is huge into sign language and teaches the babes to be fluent so communication is more effective.

Anyways, I could go on forever about how much of a blessing this is. I'm so thankful this task is marked off our list and we have a plan in place. God is so, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment