Monday, September 14, 2015

34

Week 34 started out with a bang! With getting a free day off for Labor Day, we headed to Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby to finish buying items off of our registry with our "buy back" coupon. We scored some pretty sweet deals and feel proud of how much money we saved. Babies R Us does price matching with Amazon. So of course my engineer of a husband jumped all over this. Each item I put in the cart, John looked up on his phone and wrote the Amazon price next to the registry item. Thank goodness for Lois, the Babies R Us cashier. She was a saint and put up with all of our antics. So what was the biggest save that we had? Probably our $440 travel system (car seat and stroller) that we got for $200. Score!!
 
 
 
Hard at work price matching on Amazon.

 
John also spent the weekend assembling our nursery recliner/glider. It glides, swivels, and reclines. Perfect for all of the late nights we're about to have in his bedroom.
 
 
The weather in KC last week was just perfect! We enjoyed an evening walk to a new pizza place in the River Market. So delish! 
 
 
The weekly, obligatory belly pics. The bump is growing quite nicely! 
 
 
I now thoroughly enjoy having a little perch for my after work snacks. Although, I think little man seems to mind as he has tried to kick over the dish/cup a time or two. :)
 
 
 
We enjoyed yet another gorgeous walk Saturday AM. We strolled through downtown before stopping at a favorite breakfast place in Westside. I snapped this pic as we were headed home. Perfect weather in the 50's/60's! So excited for the fall temps ahead!
 
 
 
Grammy came into town on Saturday around lunch time so we could attend cousin Luke's wedding Saturday night. John had to leave town for Mississippi for work amd Grandad was under the weather, so mom and I were each other's dates! :)
 
Pretty ladies, pre-wedding.

 
With Daddy out of town until Monday, Mommy talked Grammy into staying an extra day to have some fun. She's not very hard to convince. :) We enjoyed a lovely patio breakfast at a local crepe place before running some errands at Target and Babies R Us.
Pretty Grammy




It was a great week/weekend! I should also mention that I had another US and appointment with my OB last Friday. All was well again with our little guy. He was being a tad shy during the ultrasound so we didn't get many pictures. The one shot the sonographer got of his face it looked as though he was frowning. My visit with my OB went well. We talked a little more about labor. She told me next time I see her (on the 25th) I'll get swabbed for Group B Strep, have my hematocrit checked again, and we'll dive more into the L&D talk as I'll be at the almost 37 week mark. She said she would start checking my cervix at my 37 week visit and from that point on it could really happen any time.
 
I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Each day of this pregnancy is truly a blessing!




 



No comments:

Post a Comment