Monday, March 23, 2015

Sweet Sounds

John and I headed to the OB office for our monthly appointment this morning. I am officially 10 weeks today, yay! This was my first appointment with Dr. W and we were excited to finally hear the heartbeat. Cute story before proceeding.....I had gotten up in the middle of the night last night and found John still awake in bed. He confessed he couldn't sleep because he was so excited for our appointment. :)

We saw the heartbeat back in week 6 when they did the sonogram to determine my official due date. We chatted with Dr. W for a bit about my questions then we moved on to the best part......our little babe's heartbeat. Dr. W found the heartbeat within seconds of applying the doppler. I will never forget hearing our child's heartbeat for the first time. Ever. It's so amazing and we are so grateful that we got to hear this sweet sound. John even took a video on his phone so we can listen to it whenever we want. :) If I can improve my tech savvy skills I'll try to figure out how to put the video on the blog. Our little one's heart beat was racing at 177 bpm. Dr. W said that will gradually get slower over time and will probably be slower at my next appointment in April.

Other news about the appointment....

  • My BP was high: 150's/80's....oopsie!! She wasn't concerned as she knows I have a bit of "white coat" syndrome.
  • Urine test was normal.
  • I had gained 4 lbs since my first appointment (thanks to Aunt Meggie's cooking over the weekend). ;)
  • Apparently my lab results showed I am not immune to Rubella despite being fully vaccinated. So, once I deliver I'll be getting re-vaccinated.
We met with the office manager at the end of the appointment to go over the financial breakdown of what is to come and got a pretty hefty goodie bag. Our next appointment is April 24th- the 14 week mark. Then, May 26th is the big 19 week anatomy ultrasound where we will find out the gender! 

We are so excited and feeling so blessed that we got to hear our little babe today and get reassurance that things are moving along. Thank you Jesus for this amazing gift!



No comments:

Post a Comment