Sunday, May 8, 2016

To My Son On My First Mother's Day

Dear James,

Today was the first Mother's Day that I got to celebrate with you! As I sit here trying to type about our day, I am starting to become flooded with tears. Tears of joy that is. What an honor it is to be your momma! I knew the moment that I met you that life was going to be an adventure. You have brought so much joy into my life in the past 6 1/2  months. More joy than I can even begin to describe.

Motherhood is- Fun. Hard. Tiring. Spontaneous. Unpredictable. Emotional. Exciting. So many emotions all rolled into one. You are by far my greatest adventure in life! No day is the same with you. I, as your mother, am not fond of change. Yet, I look forward to all of the change that you bring me on a daily basis.

I have loved watching you grow, explore, laugh, cry, crawl, and try to learn new things over these last 6 months. I knew motherhood would be amazing....but you have simply blown my expectations out of the water.

I love you son. More than you will ever know. And today, and every day, I am so proud to be your mother!

I love you to the moon and back!

Mommy


Mother's Day- 2016
Mother's Day 2015- 17 weeks pregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment