Monday, March 7, 2016

Lately

James and I headed to visit Grammy and Grandad the last weekend in February. With the upcoming move, we needed to get our pack 'n play that we left over the holidays in addition to some plastic totes to help with the move. James had taken a relapse with his cough that Wednesay before that landed him back at the pediatrician's office on Thursday. John and I decided it would be best to keep him home the remainder of the week, so James and I headed north a day earlier than planned with all of his breathing treatments in tow. We had a pretty low key weekend and we were both spoiled by G and G. I think they were more than happy to have us visit.
 
Nap time snuggles with the "Baby Charmer".
Group shot
"Hi, Grandad!"
We looooove Grandad's facial hair.
Stories with Grammy
All loaded and ready to head home to see Daddy.
 
The following week brought more craziness. John had to travel again, my week at work was insane, and trying to think about packing has been the lowest priority on the list. It was great to have warmer weather last week/weekend. We were able to get out for a few long walks to some favorite downtown spots before we move and we were able to enjoy some downtime with friends.
 
Saturday's big item was to have James try cereal for the first time. The verdict? I'll let you judge his repsonse based on the next series of pictures. :)
 
 
Let's get this party started!
First bite.... "Uh, mom, what is this?"
Aaaand there it all goes running out of his mouth.
" No thank you, I'd rather suck my thumb."
"Please, no more!!"
Trying to be all big and hold his own bottle!
 
 
 
Mom and Dad were even able to sneak in a date night Saturday night while James stayed home with Grandmommy
Pre-dinner at Bella Napoli- which will be only a few blocks from the new house!
 
On Sunday, the boys snuggled up for a nap while I ran to get groceries, where I also forgot my wallet and didn't realize it until I had already gotten to the grocery store- I'll spare you my frustration....
 
So sweet!


Sunday night was a bit rough as James was rather cranky. He had had a little diarrhea going on Sunday AM so we chalked it up to him just not feeling 100%. He screamed for quite a while before bed. Pictured below you will see an overly tired baby and a daddy who thinks it's funny to immitate James' crying face. :) Silly daddy!
 
 
 
 
It was another great, but short weekend! We are looking forward to the weeks ahead with warmer weather and getting ready for our move in just 3 1/2 weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment