Sunday, March 13, 2016

Food Adventures

We enjoyed another relaxing (well, sort of) weekend at home. Majority of the weekend was spent trying to juggle James and attempt to pack our condo. Have I mentioned we move in 3 weeks?! I digress.
 
We took advantage of being home to help James experiment with more food. He tried cereal again on Saturday. Still not a huge fan but he did better than the first time. It just so happened it was almost nap time so that could have been part of his disinterest. John was pretty adamant about letting him try avocado tonight so I gave in. I mixed just a few teaspoons of avocado with some breast milk. The verdict? He LOVED it!
 
 
"Dad, just go ahead and give me the spoon."
"Let me wash this down with a few sucks of my thumb."
"Hang on, I'm not done with my thumb yet."
"Let me do it!"
"Mmmmm!"
"Dad, let go."
I think he got more avocado on him than in him. :)



I also got ambitious and made some sweet potato puree to freeze for later use. I have been aspiring to make J's baby food if at all possible. I know there will be times that I will have to buy some, but for the majority I'd like to make his. 1.) It's better for him and 2.) I think it's kind of fun. I have been reading a lot about different ones to make, how to store them, etc. I found these silicone molds on Amazon that have a lid and are supposed to be easy to remove the food from the pod. Each pod is 2.6oz. Once they are frozen I'll then put them in gallon bags so when it's time to give him some, all I have to do is thaw however many cubes I want. We'll see how long this baby food making lasts but, it really only took me about 45 minutes to peel, chop, cook, and puree these!
 
Sweet Potatoes!
Stay tuned for more baby food fun!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment