Monday, January 18, 2016

First Full Week of Daycare

James finished his first full week of daycare last week. He was a trooper and we are slowly but surely getting the hang of our morning routine. He is usually so worn out from the day that he falls asleep on the way home and naps for a bit before the bedtime routine begins. This has allowed me to get unloaded, bottles sterilized, and bottles prepped for the next day before he wakes up and feeds. I hate that we only have a few hours together before bed by the time he bathes and eats. It truly makes me appreciate our time even more than before.
I also hate that I have to wake him up of a morning. I myself hate getting up early so I can only imagine how he feels. He is so snuggly and happy in the morning! I try to get up at 5 to get myself completely ready before getting James up around 6 to nurse him before he and John travel to daycare. John typically takes him to daycare in the mornings as long as he isn't traveling for work. He calls their time in the car together their "bro time". :) Momma here does pick up duty. Each day it feels like I can't get out of the parking lot fast enough to get my hands on him.
He seems to be doing well at school. His teachers are pretty impressed that he is able to self sooth himself to sleep for naps. He usually takes 3-4 short naps at school, 3 bottles, and seems to be happy when we drop him off of a morning. The highlight of my day is picking him up in the afternoon/evening and seeing him light up with a huge smile when he realizes it's me. :)
I pray that everything continues to go well. As much as I hate not being home with him, we are very blessed to have found a center that we are comfortable with.
So, here's to hoping that all continues to go well!

Pictured below: 
The bathtub scene on Tueaday night. He was so exhausted!
All smiles after nursing one morning. :)

"Mom, I'm sooo tired!"
Putting himself to sleep during bath time.
Happy boy before school.

No comments:

Post a Comment