Sunday, October 11, 2015

Final weekend as 2?

We are wrapping up a good, relaxing weekend. Could it have been our final weekend without our little babe in tow? The mystery continues.....

Saturday morning John was nice enough to let me spoil myself with a good manu/pedi. I felt bad for the poor lady touching my feet as they had not had much TLC in a while due to my growing belly. The Widmer's were in the KC area visiting friends and made sure to make time for us and a little ice cream date. The boys were of course excited to see their beloved Uncle John. :) Jack was curious as to "why is my belly so big and fat?" Saturday night we headed out to a nice dinner at The Rieger with our friends. The Reiger has been on our "pre-baby bucket list" for quite some time and it did not disappoint.

Sunday we enjoyed a lazy morning before heading to Lawrence. Freestate tapped a new beer John wanted to try and I suggested brunch at Wheatfields. The weather was gorgeous enough to enjoy a patio seat as we leisurely ate and enjoyed each other's company.


Brunch selfie

Biscuits and gravy and french toast, along with my decaf latte. Delish!!


I  realized as we were home this afternoon that I hadn't taken any pictures of his finished nursery. So, here it is... all ready for his arrival!

His crib- the bassinet will be relocated to our room when we bring him home.


Decor

Chair and dresser- I'm sure many nights will be spent in that chair. :)


One final painting for his room thanks to John's cousin Brittany who also painted the pictures that hang over his crib. I saw this picture on Pinterest, just in different colors and she replicated it with no problem. 


I also got ambitious and finished some freezer meals this weekend. I cooked and shredded chicken for soups/casseroles, prepped a pan of ziti, and made 2 loaves of banana bread (I'll freeze 1). I think we are now well stocked in our freezer as these joined the soup and meatballs I had already frozen. 



I think it's safe to say we are ready. As ready as we'll ever be! Now, will our little man make his arrival this week? We shall see.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment