Wednesday, February 7, 2018

The Truth Comes Out

I have to blog about this funny encounter with James before I forget as it is simply too cute not to share.


I picked up James from school yesterday. When we were about to leave his teacher informed me that he had just gotten out of timeout right before I had arrived so it was good timing. Ha! We got home and were carrying on about our evening. When John got home he asked James about his day to which he share the usual, "played with fends (friends) at school". I then elaborated that Miss Joyce had told me that he had a timeout right before I arrived. The following dialogue then took place.


John: "James, did you have a timeout at school?"
James: "Yes...."
John: "What were you in timeout for?"
James: "Xavier." (Xavier is his new BFF at school)
John: "What about Xavier? What happened?"
James: "Fell down."
John: "Oooh, did he fall down because you pushed him?"
James: "Yes....(as he looked away with a sheepish grin)"


Then John goes on to educate him on how we nice touch our friends and that we don't hurt them, etc.




When I went to pick up James on Wednesday I asked his teacher more questions about the event. I asked her if his timeout was related to pushing Xavier and she confirmed. Not good that he pushed his friend, but hey, at least he owned up to his actions and admitted it.


Oh James, life is just never dull with you. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment