Monday, November 14, 2016

Birthday Re-Cap

Turns out, our lives have been a bit chaotic lately and I'm a tad behind on my blogging game....


James had his big 1st birthday party on his birthday, October 16th. After much discussion between John and I we opted to have his party at the shelter at Loose Park. It was a gamble we took as we knew weather could go either way, but given the fact that we were still awaiting new furniture in our house and a large guest list, we went with it. Turns out it was a brilliant decision. We couldn't have asked for a better day for his party. The weather was in the mid/upper 80's, breezy, and full of sunshine. It. Was. Perfect!


We started the day with the obligatory balloon, cake, and food pick up. Daddy and Grandad ran those errands while mommy manned the chaos at home and loaded the goods to head up to the park. We ventured up to Loose Park around 10:30, in time to set up before Shannon would come to take pictures around 11:00. **Side note: I had wanted Shannon to come to take pictures of the big event as I knew I would have literally zero time to take pictures. Which, I didn't take a single picture. I am still anxiously awaiting our proofs from Shannon and I'm so excited to get see them.**


We took family pictures for a while and then people started pouring. We ended up having Pot Belly deliver sandwiches (I also told John if this was happening at a park that I wasn't cooking!)- another win! Everyone that arrived grazed over food and conversation. We were towing the line with naptime so we quickly did the big cake smash after lunch while we had James' attention.


After the party poor James crashed for a nap. Boy cousins, Jack and Bryce and Aunt Meggie and Uncle D stuck around KC to help James open his presents before heading back to Boonville. Some fun memories were sure made!


The day was a blur, but it was absolutely perfect and as we had envisioned. It was great to see so many loved ones gather together to help us celebrate our sweet boy. We were so grateful to each person that came!


Here are a few pictures from the day. We are anxiously awaiting our professional pictures from Shannon (as I took ZERO pictures on the big day) and as soon as I get them I'm post them.


His new tunnel toy from mom and dad.
Birthday love from cousin Jack! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment