Thursday, September 15, 2016

11 Months!

James, how can it be that this starts the last month of your first year of life? How, just how? You are growing and changing by leaps and bounds each day and it is so fun to watch. Some things about you at this stage of life....




  • You are full of energy. All boy, to be exact. You crawl around everywhere, try to climb on things, push things around, throw toys, etc. Total boy. And I wouldn't have it any other way. :)
  • Your eating habits are becoming more of a "Birnbaum" with each passing day. You LOVE cheese and meat. Period. Oh, and Cheerios! ?You begrudgingly eat fruits and veggies. You are liking less and less of the pureed stuff and want to feed yourself most of the time (Mr. Independent already!).
  • We are seriously living on borrowed time until you walk. Literally, you are going to be taking off running any day now! You are often antsy when we are out and about, letting us know that you just want to walk around and be "big".
  • You are still so happy, always. I LOVE this about you. Your smiles are infectious and your snuggles are simply the best.
  • You are still breastfeeding like a champ. I'm struggling with the fact that our your days of nursing are numbered and soon you will probably want nothing to do with me. Until then I am soaking up each minute. I am so blessed that I, ok "WE", have been able to power through this together. What a challenging, yet rewarding experience this has been. And now I have to change the subject because I'm starting to cry...
  • You now have 8 teeth. Eight! And your toothy grin makes me laugh more and more each day. They definitely make you look like more of a toddler and less like a squishy baby. Sigh.
  • Sleep: you are still sleeping like a champ (I say this as I cross my fingers!). It seems you have started to want to go to bed earlier lately. Normally around 6:30 or 7:00 you kind of start to lose your marbles and let me know that you're tired. This usually involves being a little fussy and rolling around on the floor, playing with toys as you lay down.
  • Your speech continues to develop really well. You still say, "mama", "dada", sometimes "cack-cack" (quack-quack), "dun dun" (all done), and "mmmm"- as in "yum" when you bite into your beloved cheerios or cheese. You will wave "hi", although it is sort of a hybrid between the sign for milk- super cute!
You continue to amaze us each day, sweet boy! Your smile is still infectious, eye brows still oh so expressive, and your belly laughs will light up the room around you. We are so blessed to be your mommy and daddy and truly love each day that we get to spend with you.


Happy 11 months, sweet baby! We love you to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment