Friday, August 2, 2019

Final Weeks as Three

January flew by and we were quickly into February. I had several OB appointments and ultrasounds. Ben was being monitored weekly for growth and fluid levels. At one point it was mentioned that I was measuring big. My blood pressure was also being difficult. It seemed like every OB visit towards the end they were sending me to triage to be evaluated. Between being huge physically and the stress of the pregnancy I was just more than ready for Ben's arrival, yet trying to soak up every last second of James being the only child.

At my second to last OB appointment I was sent to triage yet again. I was 37 weeks and at that point they told me that they wanted to go ahead and induce at 38 weeks. Eeeek! I was induced a little with James, but had already started laboring. This time I would go in in the evening and they would start the induction process altogether.

I was glad to finally have an end date with the pregnancy, yet so nervous of the outcome. It was helpful to have a date so that we could plan for help with James and make sure he was taken care of rather than having to rush in the middle of the night if I went into labor.

Since we had an induction date set for February 6th we made the most of our final weekend as a family of three. We really took that time to soak up James and give him extra love. It was so bittersweet to accept James not being the only child. But man, it is such a joy to watch him be a big brother!

Family brunch in Lawrence. We did the same thing the last weekend before we had James.

Park fun!

Family picture before we left for the hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment